We just recently had a customer post an interesting question on our Facebook page: what is the difference between a Blood orange and Cara Cara orange?
Here’s the similarities between Blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges:
- Both are navels
- Great source of nutrient and vitamins
- Both contain high levels of Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- Both contain disease-fighting antioxidants
- Both contain fiber
- Both have a sweet, distinctive flavor
So what are the differences between Blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges?
Cara Cara oranges:
- Have a pinkish-red flesh inside the orange
- Are pretty much seedless
- Have flavors of cranberry and cherry in the orange flesh
- Slightly tart
- Sweeter version of a grapefruit
- Origin: Venezuela
- Have a maroon/crimson colored flesh inside the orange
- Gets their dark flesh color from anthocynanins, pigments that are found in flowers but not often in citrus fruits
- Have flavors of raspberry in the orange flesh
- Origin: Italy and Spain
Here at Orange Ring, we offer a wide selection of Cara Cara Navel oranges within our gift baskets, gift boxes or in trays. Shop our selection of Cara Cara Navel oranges today! Orangering.com.
We are in the gift giving season with Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah arriving quickly. As a good boss or good employee, you want to make sure you are giving an appropriate gift to your co-worker. Here are Orange Ring, we have a great selection of corporate gifts that are healthy, easy to order and is something they can actually use at work. Who wouldn’t enjoy snacking on fresh Indian River citrus during the work day?
Consider these corporate gifts for your employees, co-worker or boss:
- Seasons Greetings Gift Basket. Combining all the things office workers love: a festive red holiday gift basket filled with Navel Oranges, Indian River Red Grapefruit, with a variety of nuts, cookies and coffee.
- Holiday Deluxe Fruit Basket. Our Holiday gift baket is loaded with juicy Navels and Indian River Red Grapfruit. We’ve dressed it up for the holidays and addin and extra touch of Christmas with milk chocolate cranberries, gingerbread cookies, holiday blend coffee and peppermint divinity. This makes a memorable gift!
- Traditional Grove Gift Basket. Our Traditional Grove Basket is intentionally reminiscent of the times when wooden crates were the novelty. This nostalgic basket is overflowing with 20 pounds of Navel Oranges and Indian River Red grapefruit, picked when their flavor is at its peak. Great to show your co-worker you appreciate them!
- Key Lime Dessert Lover. The Key Lime Pie is Florida’s state pie. Give your co-worker a vacation to the Florida keys! Travel there year round through the cool, crisp flavors this basket of gourmet goodies. This gift basket includes the following items: Key Lime Juice 16-ounce, Key Lime Cheese Ball & Dessert Mix, Key Lime Créme Brulée, Key Lime Rum Cake, Key Lime Pie Filling & Key Lime Desserts by Joyce LaFray.
These fruit gifts are available for order 24/7 at orangering.com. You can be sure our Indian River citrusis fresh picked and shipped daily.