Florida Tangerine season starts in October and lasts until April. Known for its fresh taste, low caloric and high nutrient content, they are a rich source of Vitamins A, B, and C, folate, potassium and beta-carotene. Their taste is stronger and sweeter than that of an orange.
- High levels of flavonoids that neutralize free radicals, to help prevent inflammation in the body, protecting it from cancer and heart disease
- Use in medical treatments to fight skin diseases and arthritis.
- High levels of Vitamin C help in healing minor cuts and wounds and help to absorb iron from food.
- High levels of Vitamin A benefits reproductive health, immune function, vision and communication between cells;
- High fiber helps to reduce cholesterol absorption, improves digestion, benefits bowel movement, and is good for the overall working of the body.
- Tangerines are considered a negative-calorie fruit, which means it takes more calories to chew and digest than they provide for your body. This makes it a healthy snack and can lead to weight loss, but it should not be considered a main staple of your diet.
Our Florida tangerines are available from October to March, and our Honey Tangerines are available from February to April, by themselves or with our Navel Oranges, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Sol Zest Mandarins, and Honeybell Tangelo. You can call Orange Ring at 800-237-7847 and our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives will be waiting to assist you in placing your order. You can also order online at our secure website at www.orangering.com.